Here is the recipe Nick James gave me from our recent Taco Tuesday tasting. These tacos were amazing and between these and the chicken tacos, I think that these win.
Add the following in the pan :
- 1 can mango nectar
- splash of vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Add 1/2 pound or so of pork shoulder
- 2 – 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 – 3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or 3 – 4 tbsp chipotle sauce)
- 2 – 3 tsp hot sauce of choice
- 2 – 4 jalapeno slices with splash of juice
Simmer 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from heat and pull meat from bone (if applicable). Return to sauce. Simmer 10 – 15 minutes or more.